Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Quilt Festival

Park City Girl is having a Quilt Festival and I thought what a good idea to put my very first quilt (that I've finished) in it.

I've just recently started getting into making quilts and this is/was my very first one that I actually completed. I made this for my baby sitter's oldest daughter, Katlyn's birthday. I loved making this quilt, which is just a lap quilt. I love the bright colors, I just love how this turned out. I used the Disappearing 9 patch that I found here. Katlyn always gets it out whenever I'm there. It makes me feel so proud that I was able to make something like this and really makes me want to do more. Which I plan on it for everyone for Christmas. Right now it's just a plan, hopefully I'll be able to do it.

12 comments:

  1. It's beautiful! I love the fabrics you picked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fun colors! Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet quilt. And how sweet that your niece brings it out every time you are over. She must really love it and is proud to show it. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a neat quilt. You did a wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job for the first quilt. Welcome to the quilting world. It's a good place to be - notjustnat

    ReplyDelete
  6. angela, hey there. sorry for the problem with the download. weird! can you give me your email address?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job! I love the colors you used too :) thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful quilt. I love disappearing nine patch quilts and am intrigued by the color combination on yours. I will have to see if I can reconstruct the original nine patch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been pondering making a disappearing nine patch from Tula Pink's Neptune (from Moda) fabric line - you've helped me make my decision. Disappearing Nine Patch - here I come!

    Thanks for the inspiration... :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think your very first quilt is wonderful. Love your colors...so pleasing.

    ReplyDelete